FOI Request - Public sector off-payroll (IR35) reforms
Dear Swale Borough Council,
In April 2017 Government introduced new rules into the public sector called the off-payroll reforms, commonly referred to as “IR35”.
We understand you may (or may not) have planned for this and developed a set of internal guidelines to be used when on boarding flexible workers, or contractors.
Please can you:
1. Tell us if you are familiar with these reforms – yes or no?
2. send us a copy of your internal guidelines used for any internal guidance,
3. send us any policies you use surrounding the reforms.
4. send us any documents you use to explain your policies to agencies who supply workers to you.
5. Send us your internal guidance explaining how you assess the status for each contractor.
I write to confirm receipt of your Freedom of Information request received in this office on 11 December 2018. Under the provisions of the Act, the Council has 20 working days in which to respond, therefore a response will be sent to you by 14 January 2018.
Swale Borough Council
Sharon Dormedy | PA to Director of Regeneration | Swale Borough Council
Swale House East Street Sittingbourne Kent ME10 3HT | Tel: 01795 417321 | Fax: 01795 417327 | Email: [email address]| Web: www.swale.gov.uk
Please find attached the response.
Human Resources Shared Service
Maidstone Borough Council, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent
Swale Borough Council, Swale House, East Street, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10
t 01622 602145 f 01622 602975 w www.maidstone.gov.uk
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now