Dear City of York Council,
The Council currently publish on its Open Date web site https://www.yorkopendata.org/ details of FPNs issued for littering and dog fouling offences.
Please provide equivalent stats for
1. Fly posting
3. Fly tipping
For the avoidance of doubt this should include not only FPNs but also other prosecution channels (if any).
The data is required for the last 3 years (quarterly figures would suffice) .
Thank you for your email. Please note this is an automatically generated receipt to let you know we have received your email.
* The timescale for responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Environmental Information Regulation (EIR) requests is up to 20 working days. We will contact you promptly if we need you to clarify your request or an extension to complete a public interest test.
o The timescale for responding to requests for a review, for FOIA or EIR responses, is up to 20 working days. You are also able to contact the Information Commissioner, contact details below:
* The timescale for responding to your rights in relation to personal data eg: subject access to records (SAR) request, is up to 1 month. We will contact you promptly if we require further information from you, or an extension.
o The timescale for responding to requests for a review, of responses to your rights regarding personal data, is up to 1 month. You are also able to contact the Information Commissioner, contact details below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510
Or email: [email address]<mailto:[email address]> (please include your telephone number in your email)
Customer Feedback Team
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Help protect the environment! - please don't print this email unless you really need to.
Dear Mr Galloway
Thank you for you enquiry.
We have, today, published three new feeds on the open data platform which
hopefully answer your enquiry for the data around FPN’s for fly-posting
and fly-tipping. We have published within these feeds all the available
data the council keeps on record, and I have noted the earliest time
Going forward these datasets will be updated on the platform on a
quarterly basis (Inc monthly data), at the same time as other performance
data which is approximately the day after finance and performance papers
are published for Executive Meetings. Q2 of 2018/19 (inc July, August and
September data) will be published around the 22^nd November.
· Fixed Penalty Notices – Fly-tipping (data is available monthly
back to April 2016)
· Number of Prosecutions for Fly-tipping & Business Waste
Disposal inc. Carriage (data is available monthly back to April 2013)
· Fixed Penalty Notices – S43 Fly-posting (data is available
monthly back to January 2018 when this started to be recorded as a FPN)
The council does not record “Fixed Penalty Notices” or “Prosecutions” for
graffiti, but does publicise 11 other datasets related to graffiti
involving volume, satisfaction and timeliness of removal. The link to
these datasets are below. As graffiti can be recorded as a crime of
“Criminal Damage” by the Police, they maybe able upon request to provide
details of prosecutions for cases of criminal damage that involve
Graffiti. I am sorry we cannot be of more assistance on this dataset.
Ian Cunningham| Head of Business Intelligence
t: 01904 555749 | e: [email address]
City of York Council | Customer and Corporate Services Directorate
West Offices | Station Rise | York YO1 6GA
www.york.gov.uk | facebook.com/cityofyork |@CityofYork