Dear Lancaster City Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
Dear Naomi Aharony,
Freedom of Information Request - Ref: FOI 2941
I write to confirm receipt of your request for information, which was
received on 25th October 2019 and has been processed under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000. Your request has been given the unique reference
number as stated in the subject header above and you should quote this
reference number in all correspondence.
I have to inform you that the information you have requested is not held
by Lancaster City Council. In this instance we believe the information
may be held by Lancashire County Council who can be contacted via this
If you have any queries or concerns about this email then please do not
hesitate to contact me. Please remember to quote the FOI reference number
above in any future communications.
Information Governance Officer
Deputy Data Protection Officer
Email: [Lancaster City Council request email]
Tel: (01524) 58 2000
Lancaster City Council,
Town Hall, Lancaster LA1 1PJ
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now