Dear Gedling Borough Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
Further to your request for information of 25 October 2019m, please find
attached our response.
Legal Services Support Officer
Gedling Borough Council
Civic Centre, Arnot Hill Park
Arnold, Nottingham NG5 6LU
ADM001154 / 00078792
Please read the following carefully.
The information in this Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. Senders and recipients of any email should be aware that, under the Data Protection Legislation and the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the contents may have to be disclosed in response to a request made to the Authority.
If you have received the Email in error please notify [email address]. Any views expressed by an individual within this Email, which do not constitute or record technical advice, do not necessarily reflect the views of the council. The Email has been checked for viruses. We do however recommend that you perform your own scan of any attachments (if any). We cannot accept any responsibility for transmitted viruses.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now