Fixed Penalty Notices for Anauthorised School Absences

The request was successful.

Dear Eastleigh Borough Council,

I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:

1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?

Yours faithfully,

Naomi Aharony

no-reply, Eastleigh Borough Council

Dear Ms Aharony,

Thank you for your request for information made under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000.  I can confirm that Eastleigh Borough Council
(“Council”) does not hold the information requested.

Hampshire County Council is the local authority for this request and the
link to their online Freedom of Information Request form is:

If you would like further details on information requests please visit the
Council’s website at:

Right to Review

If you are unhappy with the way in which your request has been handled you
may request an internal review to be conducted.  This internal review
should be made within 40 working days from the date of this email.

If you wish to make internal review please contact [3][Eastleigh Borough Council request email]
and reference case number 00119523.

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9

Yours sincerely,

Freedom of Information Officer

show quoted sections