Dear Torridge District Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
Thank you for your information request which is receiving attention. We
will respond to your request within the 20 working day statutory deadline.
Please do not reply to this auto acknowledgement.
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request.
This information is not held by Torridge District Council as it comes
within the remit of Devon County Council. In case you haven’t already
contacted them further details can be found via this link:
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the
right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be
submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your
original request and should be addressed to: Freedom of Information
Officer at Torridge District Council, Riverbank House, Bideford EX39 2QG
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9
With kind regards.
Torridge District Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now