Dear Ryedale District Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
Please find attached the response to your recent Freedom Of Information
Freedom of Information
Tel: 01653 600666
[Ryedale District Council request email] | www.ryedale.gov.uk
Ryedale District Council | Ryedale House | Malton | North Yorkshire | YO17
Connect with the Council: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook |
This Email may contain information which is confidential, legally
privileged and/or copyright. This Email is intended for the addressee
only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from your computer
Garden Waste Subscription 19/20
Access your council services online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at
This Email, and any attachments, may contain Protected or Restricted
information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain sensitive or protectively marked material and
should be handled accordingly. If this Email has been misdirected, please
notify the author immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you
must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on any of the
information contained in it or attached, and all copies must be deleted
immediately. Whilst we take reasonable steps to try to identify any
software viruses, any attachments to this Email may nevertheless contain
viruses which our anti-virus software has failed to identify. You should
therefore carry out your own anti-virus checks before opening any
documents. All GCSx traffic may be subject to recording and / or
monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.
As a public body, the Council may be required to disclose this e-mail (or
any response to it) under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, unless the
information in it is covered by one of the exemptions in the Act.
1. mailto:[Ryedale District Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now