Dear North Kesteven District Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
Ref No: FOI 19/368
25 October 2019
Dear Ms Aharony
We refer to your Freedom of Information request for information regarding:
Fixed Penalty Notices for Unauthorised School Absences.
We would advise you Schools are not the responsibility of North Kesteven
District Council. Therefore, the information you are seeking is not held
by this Authority.
However, Lincolnshire County Council should hold the information you have
requested. Therefore, you may wish to contact their Freedom of Information
team at [email address]
Corporate Information Team
Freedom of Information
NKDC Facebook YouTube Tel: 01529 414155
Twitter Email: foi@n‑kesteven.gov.uk
Kesteven Street , Sleaford , NG34 7EF
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now