Dear North East Derbyshire District Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
Further to your enquiry received below, I am able to confirm that the Council does not hold the information that you have requested. We are a District Authority and do not provide the services to which you enquire. If you have not already done so then I recommend you forward your enquiry to Derbyshire County Council who manage the service you are enquiring about. Their website is www.derbyshire.gov.uk .
Information & Policy Officer
North East Derbyshire District Council
District Council Offices
2013 Mill Lane
Chesterfield S42 6NG
Tel: 01246 217688
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now