Dear Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council,
I would like to know:
· The number of cases Stockport Local Education Authority has defended in the First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability) in 2019, 2018 and 2017
· The number of cases at the Tribunal which Stockport Local Education Authority won, for each of those years
· The amount of money spent by Stockport Local Education Authority on legal costs for defending cases at the Tribunal, for each of those years
Thank you for your request for information ( FOI 5510890 ) submitted under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 which has been given the above mentioned reference number. Please quote this on any correspondence regarding your request.
Stockport Council will respond to your request within 20 working days from the date of receipt. If there will be a charge for disbursements e.g. photocopying in order to provide the information, we will inform you as soon as possible to see if you wish to proceed; however such charges are usually waived if they amount to less than £10.
Dear Mr Gaffney,
I am writing in response to your request for information (ref FOI 5510890
The relevant Council Service(s) has searched for the requested information
and our response is as follows.
· The number of cases Stockport Local Education Authority has
defended in the First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and
· The number of cases at the Tribunal which Stockport Local
Education Authority won, for each of those years
2019 cases still ongoing
· The amount of money spent by Stockport Local Education Authority
on legal costs for defending cases at the Tribunal, for each of those
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your request for
information, you are entitled to ask for an internal review; however you
must do so within 40 working days of the date of this response. Any
internal review will be carried out by a senior member of staff who was
not involved with your original request. To ask for an internal review,
contact [email address] in the first instance.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of any internal review, you are
entitled to complain to the Information Commissioner. To do so, contact:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113
Information Governance Officer
+: Stockport Council | 1^st Floor South Stopford House | Stockport | SK1
( : 0161 474 4299
0161 474 3315
*: [email address]
Confidentiality:- This email, its contents and any attachments are
intended only for the above named. As the email may contain confidential
or legally privileged information, if you are not, or suspect that you are
not, the above named or the person responsible for delivery of the message
to the above named, please delete or destroy the email and any attachments
immediately and inform the sender of the error.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now