Fire safety in student residences

The request was successful.

Dear London School of Economics,

London Student is looking into fire safety in LSE residences, in the light of recent events. We would like to put together a comparative picture of how LSE keeps its students safe, and are thus searching for certain documents and records under the Freedom of Information Act.

We would like to know:

(A) For each residence owned by or under the management of LSE , I would like to see the fire safety certificate, or documentation that fulfils the same purpose.

(B) Where residences owned or managed by LSE are covered by cladding, I would like the specification and procurement orders (or similar documentation) for that cladding. I would like the same documents for insulation used in external walls and boundary walls.

(C) For each residence owned or managed by LSE , I would like to see the contracts made between LSE and the developers and/or building firms responsible for design and construction.

(D) Where LSE has undertaken renovation, improvement, extension or other building works on an existing residence, I would like to see the plan for that work and the contracts involved, as in (C).

(E) For each residence owned or managed by LSE , I would like the incident plan in the event of fires.

(F) Where LSE has agreements with partner companies, such as Unite, what documentation was provided to your organisation in order to assure that the university is protected from the risk of fire safety non-compliance?

Yours faithfully,

Emma Yeomans

GLPD.Info.Rights, London School of Economics

5 Attachments

Dear Emma,

With reference to your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act, please find attached the information you requested.

If you think that the information provided does not meet your request, contact me on 020 7849 4622 or write to Kevin Haynes, Head of Legal Team, Governance, Legal and Policy Division, London School of Economics and Political Science, Houghton Street, London, WC2A 2AE. We will then review the response to your request and get back to you within 20 working days. You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office, though they expect the internal review to be carried out before receiving a complaint directly.

The provision of information by the LSE under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 does not imply a right to copy, reproduce publish or otherwise use such information.

Copying or reproducing such information in any way either in whole or in part without prior written consent may be an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right belonging to the LSE or a third party.

Yours sincerely,
Rachael Maguire
Records Manager
London School of Economics

show quoted sections