Dear Sussex Police,
I am investigating knife possession offences involving women and girls in Brighton and I would be grateful if you could provide me answers to the following questions.
1) How many knife possession crimes involving women and girls in Brighton have been recorded so far in 2019?
2) How many knife possession crimes involving women and girls in Brighton were recorded in 2018?
3) How many knife possession crimes involving women and girls in Brighton were recorded in 2017?
4) How many knife possession crimes involving women and girls in Brighton were recorded in 2016?
5) How many knife possession crimes involving women and girls in Brighton were recorded in 2015?
6) I would be grateful if for questions one to five you could tell me how many of the offences recorded involved girls under 18, how many involved women aged between 18 and 25, and how many involved women over 25?
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Your Ref: Freedom of Information request - Female knife possession crimes
Our Ref: FOI 1032.19
Contact Name: Roger Brace FOI Officer
Email : [email address]
Contact number: 101 ext 545251
Thank you for your request which was received by Sussex Police.
This request will be dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and you will receive a response within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by the Act, from the date of receipt. In some circumstances Sussex Police may be unable to achieve this deadline. If this is likely you will be informed and given a revised time-scale at the earliest opportunity.
Some requests may also require either full or partial transference to another public authority in order to answer your query in the fullest possible way. Again, you will be informed if this is the case.
Sussex Police are currently receiving a high volume of FOI requests at a time of reduced staffing levels to process them. Every effort is being made to comply with the statutory 20 working day response deadline but on occasions this may not be possible – we apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.
Sussex Police HQ
You can report crime and incidents online at
We want to know your views - see what’s new and give us your feedback and
suggestions at www.sussex.police.uk
If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender as
soon as possible - you may not copy it, or make use of any information
contained in it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other
person. Messages sent and received by Sussex Police are not private and
may be the subject of monitoring.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now