Dear Leicestershire Constabulary,
Under the Freedom of Information Act please could you supply the following information within 20 working days.
As per this article ‘First time for facial recognition at music festival’ https://www.policeoracle.com/news/First-...
1) Please advise which companies are supplying the facial recognition hardware and software?
2) Please advise how this facial recognition system funded?
3) How long has Leicestershire Police had access to this facial recognition System?
4) Which ‘database of custody images from across Europe’ is the facial recognition system accessing?
5) Please provide a picture of the cameras.
In the article - “DC Kevin Walker said: “It is one of the first times it has been trialled outside, normally it is done in a controlled environment” “
6) Please advise how many times and the dates of the facial recognition trials in a “controlled environment”.
7) Please advise what consists of a “controlled environment”.
8) Which databases were accessed in the “controlled environment”?
9) Please advise which other festivals have shown ‘a lot of interest’.
10) Please provide any minutes of meetings or any records pertaining to the deployment of this system at the Donington Download Festival.
11) Who authorised use of facial recognition at the Donington Download Festival?
12) Please provide the Privacy Impact Assessment for this facial recognition system and the NeoFace facial recognition system.
Neoface: As of a 15th January 2015 Freedom of Information Response from yourselves “The Neoface trial began in April and is still ongoing. “
13) Please advise, has the trial finished?
14) Please advise if Leicestershire Police decided to purchase NeoFace?
15) Please provide any evaluation of the trial.
Some parts of this request may be easier to answer than others and in such case please could you release available data as soon as possible rather than delay the entire request.
If you are not fully certain of what it is I am asking then I look forward to contact from you as soon as possible to clarify what it is I am requesting in order to meet your obligations under the law.
If the costs of processing this request exceed the limit in the Act, please advise on what information you are able to supply within the cost limit.
RE:‘First time for facial recognition at music festival.
I acknowledge receipt of your request for information under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000.
This is receiving our attention and a response will be sent to you in due
course and within the specified time
Leicestershire Police EXT 5222
Dear Leicestershire Constabulary,
Re: Facial recognition used at the Download Music Festival, Donington - Freedom of Information Request
This is a polite reminder that my Freedom of Information Request sent 12th June 2015 is now overdue. Please could you send the information I requested or conduct an Internal Review as to why there is no response to this request.
I appreciate police forces are busy and I am grateful for your time on this.
Please find attached our response to your Freedom of Information request.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you
Email: [email address]
Tel Ext: 5221
Fax Ext: 5207
1. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now