Dear Salford City Council,
1) Do you use an external IT service provider/Managed Service Provider (MSP)?
2) Does your provider/MSP serve as a processor of your Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
If No, thank you for your time.
If Yes, please see below
3) If yes, does your contract/service level agreement (SLA) with the provider(s) have clear provisions for the allocation of responsibilities in the event of a data breach?
4) Have you revisited your original contract(s) to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
5) Does the contract/SLA define the time frame in which a security breach at the provider must reported to you?
6) Do you have policies in place for privileged account management?
7) Has your organisation/service provider/MSP suffered a data breach involving your organisation’s PII in the last 12 months?
8)If yes, how long did it take for them to notify you?
31 mins – 1 day
1 – 2 days
2 – 3 days
More than 3 days
Dear Mr Salmon
The answer to your question is "no" and therefore the remainder is "not applicable".
The council considers it has fulfilled your Freedom of Information request. If you are dissatisfied with the way your request has been handled, or wish to appeal this decision, you may wish to reply direct to this email. Your appeal review will be overseen by a senior officer.
Further details of how to lodge an appeal can be found at https://www.salford.gov.uk
If you are still dissatisfied following any internal appeal, you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF - www.ico.org.uk
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now