Dear Sutton Borough Council,
Could you please provide the following information in regards to the “Home to School” transport service provided by Sutton Council. These questions are specifically referencing transport arrangements utilising outside companies (cab firms, community transport etc.)
1) How many school runs does Sutton Council currently outsource to outside companies.
2) What outside companies are currently providing transport services on behalf of Sutton Council, and how many individual school runs does each company provide.
3) The yearly cost of providing this service, and a breakdown of how much each company has billed for It’s services in the previous 12 month period (December 2017 - December 2018)
4) Any companies that have been blacklisted from providing these services to the council, and for what reason.
5) The criteria used to ensure the service provided is competitively priced and value for money.
Dear G Brewer,
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 - INFORMATION REQUEST - REF NO
- F13283 (please quote in correspondence)
I acknowledge your request for information received on 07/12/2018 relating
to Expenditure on Home to School Transport.
Your request is being considered and, if it is held, you will receive the
information requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as
defined by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information
not being exempt or containing a reference to a third party.
If appropriate, the information may be provided in paper copy, normal font
size. If you require alternative formats, e.g. language, audio, large
print, etc. then please let us know.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may
prevent release of the information you have requested. There will be an
assessment and if any of the exemption categories apply then the
information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the
case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then
they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to
release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
A fee may be payable for this information. This will be considered and
you will be informed if a fee is payable. In this event the fee must be
paid before the information is processed and released. The 20 working day
time limit is suspended until receipt of the payment.
Please be advised that in line with London Borough of Sutton's commitment
to transparency, in due course an anonymous copy of your request and our
response may be published on our website.
FOI Admin Officer
London Borough of Sutton