Exercise Cygnus: Final Report

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, NHS England should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Mr David Johnson

Dear NHS England,

I write in respect of Exercise Cygnus; the NHS England led simulation which looked at the impact of an influenza pandemic upon the United Kingdom.

Do you hold a copy of the final report into Exercise Cygnus? If you do hold a copy of the final report, please disclose a copy of the report in its entirety.

Yours faithfully,

Mr David Johnson


Dear Customer,
Thank you for your email.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, NHS England has paused the
investigation of new and existing complaints. This enables clinical staff,
including GPs, to focus on front line patient care. It also enables our
complaints teams to provide vital support to the NHS.

We will continue to review and acknowledge all new complaints and will act
upon any concerns about patient safety or safeguarding. However, we will
not investigate the complaint or respond until further notice.

All customers awaiting a response to a complaint will be notified that the
investigation is on hold.


We will resume our complaints service as soon as possible. In the
meantime, thank you for your patience and understanding.

We are currently receiving a higher than usual volume of emails so it may
take us a little longer to respond. In the meantime, you may find the
following information helpful.
Please note: our normal working hours are 08:00 to 18:00 from Monday to
Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Emails received at the weekend will not
be reviewed until the next working day.
How can the Customer Contact Centre help me?
NHS England commissions or buys primary care services; for example, GPs,
dentists, opticians, and pharmacy services. We are also responsible for
prison healthcare, military health services, and some specialised
services. We can provide advice about accessing, giving feedback or making
a complaint about these services.
You may be able to find the answer you are looking for in our Frequently
Asked Questions<https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/ho...>
and our website explains how to share feedback or make a
What if I have an enquiry or complaint about hospital care, NHS 111 or
out-of-hours GP services?
If your enquiry or complaint is about secondary care, this includes
hospitals, NHS 111, mental health services, out-of-hours services and
community services such as district nursing, you will need to contact the
organisation that provided the service. All hospitals have a Patient
Advice and Liaison Service
Alternatively, you can contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group
(CCG). You can find their contact details on the NHS
Does the NHS England Customer Contact Centre provide medical advice?
No. Our advisors are not clinically trained and are unable to provide
medical advice. If you require emergency medical attention, dial 999 or
attend your local Accident and Emergency department if you are able to do
If you require non-urgent medical advice please contact your GP, local
walk-in or urgent healthcare centre, or call NHS 111. Calls are free from
landlines and mobile phones.

How do I report a change of name or address?
You should report a change of name or address to your GP practice so they
can update their records. If your new address is outside the practice’s
catchment area you may be asked to register with a new GP practice.
You should also advise your dentist or optician of a change of name or
address as they keep their own records.

Where can I find further information about NHS England?
You can find information about NHS England and our work on our
How do you use my information?
NHS England’s privacy notice explains how we use, share and store your
personal information. You can find this on our
NHS England Customer Contact Centre

show quoted sections