Dear West Dunbartonshire Council,
I am seeking information about the potential impact of central government welfare reform policies on eviction rates and geographical displacement of households with council housing tenancies. My information request relates to three welfare reform policies:
- Under-Occupancy (also known as Removal of Spare Room Subsidy / Bedroom Tax)
- The Benefit Cap
- Universal Credit roll-out
I understand that under Section 16 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 there is a duty to assist and advise the requester. I would appreciate your advice if you think my request needs any clarification in order to get the information that I am looking for, or if it would exceed the cost limit in its present form.
1. Please provide an annual breakdown since April 2010 of the total number of unique council tenancies - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - that have been evicted due to the non-payment of rent arrears.
2. For each year of this annual breakdown since April 2013, please disclose how many of these evicted households - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - had at some point been affected by:
b. Under-occupancy and the Benefit Cap
c. Under-occupancy and the Benefit Cap and Universal Credit roll-out
3. How many of the evicted households affected by a, b, or c - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - went on to make a successful homelessness application to the local authority?
4. Of these successful homeless applications, please disclose how many households - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - were placed in temporary accommodation in a different local authority area and disclose the destination local authority area in each case.
This is to acknowledge receipt of your request for information which was
received by West Dunbartonshire Council on
I have passed it to the relevant department to consider and respond.
West Dunbartonshire Council will respond within 20 working days of
I also attach a copy of West Dunbartonshire Council current Freedom of
Information charging regime for your information.
The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately at -
[email address] The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. West
Dunbartonshire Council will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or
consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents of this
message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, this email and its contents shall
not have any contractually binding effect on West Dunbartonshire Council
or its clients and any writings which are or could form the basis of any
agreement are subject to contract.
Good Afternoon Ms. Weaver,
Please find attached our response to your recent FOI request.
Freedom of Information Officer
Legal, Democratic and Regulatory Services