Dear Chesterfield Borough Council,
I am seeking information about the potential impact of central government welfare reform policies on eviction rates and geographical displacement of households with council housing tenancies. My information request relates to three welfare reform policies:
- Under-Occupancy (also known as Removal of Spare Room Subsidy / Bedroom Tax)
- The Benefit Cap
- Universal Credit roll-out
I understand that under Section 16 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 there is a duty to assist and advise the requester. I would appreciate your advice if you think my request needs any clarification in order to get the information that I am looking for, or if it would exceed the cost limit in its present form.
1. Please provide an annual breakdown since April 2010 of the total number of unique council tenancies - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - that have been evicted due to the non-payment of rent arrears.
2. For each year of this annual breakdown since April 2013, please disclose how many of these evicted households - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - had at some point been affected by:
b. Under-occupancy and the Benefit Cap
c. Under-occupancy and the Benefit Cap and Universal Credit roll-out
3. How many of the evicted households affected by a, b, or c - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - went on to make a successful homelessness application to the local authority?
4. Of these successful homeless applications, please disclose how many households - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - were placed in temporary accommodation in a different local authority area and disclose the destination local authority area in each case.
Dear Ms Carr,
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request, received yesterday in
relation to: 'Evictions and Out-of-Area Rehousing of Council Tenants
affected by Welfare Reform.'
The request has been logged under Reference FOI 3785 and will now be
assigned to an officer for a response.
The statutory period for response time for these requests is 20 working
days (with some exceptions).
Please quote the above reference in any further correspondence.
sent on behalf of Gerard Rogers
Local Government and Regulatory Law Manager, Monitoring Officer.
Full Request Details
Tel : 01246 345231 / 345343
Please find attached the response to your recent FOI request
Freedom of Information
Chesterfield Borough Council
<>This email is confidential, may be legally privileged & may contain
personal views that are not the views of Chesterfield Borough Council. It
is intended solely for the addressee. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 &
the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents of this email may be
disclosed. Although the Council has taken reasonable precautions to ensure
that no viruses are present in this email, the Council cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email
or attachments. Chesterfield Borough Council reserves the right to monitor
both sent & received emails.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now