Evictions and Out-of-Area Rehousing of Council Tenants affected by Welfare Reform
Dear Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council,
I am seeking information about the potential impact of central government welfare reform policies on eviction rates and geographical displacement of households with council housing tenancies. My information request relates to three welfare reform policies:
- Under-Occupancy (also known as Removal of Spare Room Subsidy / Bedroom Tax)
- The Benefit Cap
- Universal Credit roll-out
I understand that under Section 16 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 there is a duty to assist and advise the requester. I would appreciate your advice if you think my request needs any clarification in order to get the information that I am looking for, or if it would exceed the cost limit in its present form.
1. Please provide an annual breakdown since April 2010 of the total number of unique council tenancies - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - that have been evicted due to the non-payment of rent arrears.
2. For each year of this annual breakdown since April 2013, please disclose how many of these evicted households - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - had at some point been affected by:
b. Under-occupancy and the Benefit Cap
c. Under-occupancy and the Benefit Cap and Universal Credit roll-out
3. How many of the evicted households affected by a, b, or c - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - went on to make a successful homelessness application to the local authority?
4. Of these successful homeless applications, please disclose how many households - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - were placed in temporary accommodation in a different local authority area and disclose the destination local authority area in each case.
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request, which was received today. We are generally required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to provide you with a response within 20 working days, which will be on or before 20th February 2018. If we require any clarification or further details, we will contact you as soon as possible, if this is the case, then the timescale for response specified above may be subject to change.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your request under the Freedom of Information Act which I
received today. I wish to inform you that Neath Port Talbot’s housing
stock transferred to Tai Tarian (formerly known as NPT Homes), in its
entirety, in February 2011; given this we no longer hold the information
you have requested. If you wish to contact Tai Tarian, the details can be
found at http://www.taitarian.co.uk/about-us/news...
Directorate Support Coordinator
Directorate Support Team
Tel: 01639 763035
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council/ Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Castell-nedd Port Talbot Tel/ Ffôn: 01639 763035
We welcome correspondence in Welsh and will deal with Welsh and English correspondence to the same standards and timescales.
Croesewir gohebiaeth yn y Gymraeg a byddwn yn ymdrin â gohebiaeth Gymraeg a Saesneg i’r un safonau ac amserlenni
http://kneath.co.uk/~paul/email_assets/s... http://kneath.co.uk/~paul/email_assets/s... http://kneath.co.uk/~paul/email_assets/s... http://kneath.co.uk/~paul/email_assets/s...
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please note also that there is no guarantee that this
email or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted or
Mae'r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw ffeiliau a drosglwyddir gydag ef yn gyfrinachol
ac at ddefnydd yr unigolyn neu'r corff y cyfeiriwyd hwy atynt yn unig. Os
ydych wedi derbyn yr e-bost hwn mewn camgymeriad, dylech hysbysu'r person
a anfonodd yr e-bost ar unwaith. Hefyd, sylwer nad oes unrhyw sicrwydd nad
yw'r e-bost hwn neu unrhyw ymgysylltiad yn rhydd o firws ac nad yw chwaith
wedi'i ryng-gipio na'i newid.
This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now