Dear Home Office,

I am from Syria and my wife from Romania we got married on 2011 in Cyprus.
I enter uk on 07.2013 illegal a I apply for asylum I got refuse .
My wife enter to UK on 09.2013 legally after that I apply for EEA visa and accepted on 08.2014.
My wife in 2 months will finish 5 years in uk . I have till now 4 years left 1 year to finish my visa 5 years EEA.
My wife is going to apply for permanent resident card it is allowed to me is well to apply for permanent resident card with my wife together now or I have to wait to finish my EEA 5 years visa.

Yours faithfully,


FOI Requests, Home Office

Dear Bahaa,


Please be aware that we have decided to handle your correspondence of 07
July 2018 outside the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. This
is because it does not meet the criteria for a Freedom of Information
request, as it does not ask for recorded information.


Below is a link to the ICO guidance for the criteria for valid requests
under the Act:



We will provide an answer to your query, but it will be answered outside
of the provisions of the Act.  You should expect to receive a response in
due course.


N McKenzie

Home Office




show quoted sections

Dear FOI Requests,

Thank you so much for your help.
I wait your response.

Yours sincerely,


UK Visas and Immigration,

Dear Bahaa,
Thank you for your enquiry dated 07 July 2018 regarding permanent Residence.
You can currently apply for a permanent residence document if you have lived
in the UK for 5 years.
However, you do not need a document to confirm your residence status in the
UK unless:

* you’re an extended family member of someone from the [1]European
Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

* you want to apply for British citizenship

* you want to sponsor your partner’s visa application under the
Immigration Rules

You and your family can apply for [2]‘settled status’ if you want to
continue living in the UK after June 2021. The scheme will open fully by
March 2019.
further information regarding this can be found using the following link
Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they
satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance
material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and
Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any
such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you.
If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice.
Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including
completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the
Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers,
which mean they must meet certain standards.

Please see the below link to find an immigration adviser:


Yours Faithfully,

Rehema Hood

UK Visa and Immigration.



UKVI Contact Centre

Website: [5]


Please note that we cannot provide case specific advice or pre-assess an
application but we can provide information and support you through
signposting and website navigation. If you require more specific advise
then please speak to a qualified immigration advisor


Visible links
1. Click to follow link:
2. Click to follow link:
3. Click to follow link:
4. Click to follow link:

Dear UK Visas and Immigration,

Thank you so much for your response.

Yours sincerely,


Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .