Dear East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust,
I am writing to request information on endotracheal intubation in your trust. Specifically:
- Which staff grades (e.g. EMT, NQP, paramedic, CCP, Dr, etc) are allowed to intubate, as a core skill of their clinical grade?
- Which staff roles (e.g. frontline paramedic, HART paramedic, managers, BASICS, etc) are allowed to intubate, as a core skill in their role?
- What are the requirements for individual clinicians to demonstrate and maintain competency in intubation?
- Does the trust plan to expand (or remove) intubation to further grades/roles in the trust?
- Do trust paramedics perform needle cricothyroidotomy?
Thank you for your information request which we will process under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and provide a response within 20 working days as stipulated by the Act.
If you have any queries about this process, please contact me
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now