Erectile Dysfunction Service Provision
Martin Abrams (Prostate Cancer UK) made this Freedom of Information request to NHS Harrogate and Rural District Clinical Commissioning Group as part of a batch sent to 25 authorities
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear NHS Harrogate and Rural District Clinical Commissioning Group,
We are conducting a project on service provision for men with Erectile Dysfunction, with the overarching aim of helping to improve services for men across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
We would be grateful if you could answer the following questions promptly to help us with our analysis of service provision in your area.
The questions are as follows:
1. Does your Healthboard provide an erectile dysfunction clinic and can you provide the total number and addresses of all NHS erectile dysfunction clinics within your Healthboard? If you do not know who should we ask?
2. Does your Healthboard provide psychosexual clinics and can you provide the total number and addresses of all NHS psychosexual clinics within your Healthboard? If you do not know who should we ask?
3. Does your Healthboard provide counselling and sex therapy services and can you provide the details of any NHS counselling services and sex therapy services that treat men with erectile dysfunction within your Healthboard? If you do not know who should we ask?
4. Does your Healthboard provide PDE5-I and if so which one?
5. Does your Healthboard prescribe ‘tadalafil (Cialis)’ tablets for men who experience erectile dysfunction as a result of prostate cancer treatment?
6. At what dose are the ‘tadalafil (Cialis)’ tablets prescribed?
7. Is the daily dose of ‘tadalafil (Cialis)’ tablets (2.5/5mg) available/prescribed?
8. Does your Healthboard prescribe the Vacuum erection device for men who experience erectile dysfunction as a result of prostate cancer treatment?
9. Does your Healthboard offer Penile implant surgery (semi-rigid or inflatable implant devices) for men who experience erectile dysfunction as a result of prostate cancer treatment?
Thank you once again, we look forward to hearing from you.
Link to this
Martin Abrams (Prostate Cancer UK)
Thank you for your email regarding Freedom of Information requests to
Harrogate and Rural District CCG.
The law obliges us to answer your request promptly and at most within 20
working days from receiving it. If, in the limited circumstances where we
are permitted to do so, we need to extend the timescale to give proper
consideration to your request, we will let you know.
If it is not clear to us what information you want, we will need to
contact you. We will do this by telephone, email or letter depending on
the contact details that you have supplied in your email. Our aim is to be
helpful and to fulfil your request as completely as we can. The 20 working
day deadline will only start when it is clear to us what you require.
If your request relates to a person/company other than yourself or where
disclosure of the information you are requesting could affect the
interests of another person, we may need to consult that third party
before responding to your request. We will follow the guidance in section
four (“Consultation with third parties”) of the FOI code of practice
where it applies.
If the CCG does not hold the information requested, we will let you know
and if we think it may be held by another public authority will normally
suggest that you redirect your request to them.
For further information on Freedom of Information requests please visit
our website here.
Thank you for your request for information which was received by the NHS
Harrogate and Rural District Clinical Commissioning Group Freedom of
Information team on 03.06.16.
Your request is being considered and you will receive further
correspondence from us within 20 working days.
Dear Mr Abrams
Please find attached a response to your recent Freedom of Information
This email is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify the
sender accordingly. Unauthorised copying and/or use of this email if you
are not the intended recipient may result in legal action being taken.