EPR System at James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
I.Data made this Freedom of Information request to James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Dear James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust,
We are currently doing some research and would greatly appreciate it if you could help us with the following questions:
1. Please could you confirm the main EPR system (e.g Cerner Millennium, EPIC etc.) in place at your Trust.
2. If you currently do not have an EPR system in place, do you have plants to implement one? (Yes/No) If yes, when?
3. Does your main hospital EPR system have the HL7 FHIR API’s enabled? (Yes/No)
4. If no, do you have plans to enable this at present?
5. What is the specific product name of the EPR product you currently use for your Oncology department (e.g. ARIA, FLATIRON etc.)?
6. Is your Oncology EPR HL7 FHIR enabled? (Yes/No)
7. If no, can it be HL7 FHIR enabled? (Yes/No)
8. If no, why can it not be HL7 FHIR enabled? (e.g. technology is not capable, cost related reasons etc.)
We look forward to hearing from you.
As you will be aware the Trust has faced an unprecedented challenge during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our resources have been diverted away from the usual compliance and information rights work. During this time we have not been able to respond to requests for information and have asked for these to be resubmitted in July 2020 at the earliest. We are aware that statutory timescales cannot be extended and we apologise that we will not be able to respond to your request for information during this extraordinary period.
Please resubmit your request next month. We hope to respond within the statutory timescale, whilst there is likely to be continuing delays as we start to progress the recovery of services, whilst still managing cases of the virus.
Ann Filby MCIPR
Head of Communications & Corporate Affairs
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Tel: 01493 452162
[James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now