Dear Office of Communications,
I would kindly request the following information regarding
unlicenced pirate radio stations
broadcasting in London from January 2005
January 2012 under the freedom of information act.
1. How many prosecutions against individuals have taken place
between the specified dates?
2. Out of the number of persons identified, how many have had
3. Please list the names of all the unlicenced broadcast stations
and the number of times enforcement action has been carried against
each of them, clearly showing the method of enforcement used (ie:
studio raid, main transmitter removal, mobile telephones
disconnected, website domain name blocking etc).
4. How many enforcement visits have been as a result from
information supplied from members of the public or licence paying
5. Please supply a breakdown of costs for each case of enforcement
action carried out.
6. Please give details of any complaints or allegations made
against Ofcom's staff in the enforcement section.
7. Out of the unlicensed broadcast stations identified, if any have
not had enforcement action against them please supply information
as to why it hasn't taken place.
8. How many reports of interference to safety of life services or
aviation have been reported in London between the dates
stated above, if any please state which authority reported it and
if the interference was proven to be atributed to pirate radio?
I would like to thank you for your prompt action in processing this
Dear Mr Andrews
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. We will respond to your request within 20 working days.
Dear Mr Andrews
Thank you for your request for information. We have recently answered a similar request, attached here. I hope this answers your query sufficiently.
Please let me know if you have any further requests by emailing me at [Ofcom request email]. The reference number for your request is 1-223462781.
Dear Information Requests,