Empty/Disused, Schools/Community Buildings in and around Cannock

Loris Brown made this Freedom of Information request to Cannock Chase District Council Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Cannock Chase District Council should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear Cannock Chase District Council,

Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I would like to request a list of all Empty/Disused buildings in the area that you hold. This is to include, names, addresses; and use types

This would mean buildings that are unoccupied, abandoned and/or derelict, this includes Business buildings, Schools; and Health care buildings etc; owned by Cannock Council.

Please note, that I am not asking for a list of empty residential homes which are available for rent/purchase

Yours faithfully,

Loris Brown

Info Manager, Cannock Chase District Council

Thank you for your email.

If it is in regard to a Freedom of Information request, your request is
being considered and, subject to the points made below, you will receive
the information requested as promptly as possible within the statutory
timescale of 20 working days from today as defined by the Freedom of
Information Act 2000.

Any personal information you provide in relation to this request will only
be used for the purposes of processing your request for information. Your
information will only be passed on to departments or staff within Cannock
Chase Council for the purposes of compiling a response to your request. We
will not forward your request to any other organisations or persons
external to the Council. Cannock Chase Council are the Data Controllers
and may be contacted at; [1][Cannock Chase District Council request email] .


Information Manager

Cannock Chase Council



Website: [2]www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk
Follow us on Twitter: [3]www.twitter.com/cannockchasedc
Find us on Facebook: [4]www.facebook.com/cannockchasedc

This e-mail and any attachment(s), is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the recipient, the use of the
information by disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender immediately and destroy the e-mail, any attachment(s) and any


All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by
law. It is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and
any attachment(s).

Unless otherwise stated:
(i) views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
(ii) no contract may be construed by this e-mail.

Emails may be stored and monitored and you are taken to consent to these


Visible links
1. mailto:[Cannock Chase District Council request email]
2. http://www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/
3. http://www.twitter.com/cannockchasedc
4. http://www.facebook.com/cannockchasedc

Info Manager, Cannock Chase District Council

Dear Loris,


Thank you for your email requesting information.


The department that will be dealing with your request has asked for
clarification please on the below :


“What is meant by empty/disused?

Is this just empty property with no current purpose?

Or do you want a list of all empty properties including those properties
which are currently being marketed for relet, are already earmarked for
redevelopment or are currently undergoing an asset review?

We don’t have any property we are holding in the category of empty/disused
with no future purpose identified.  All of our empty property is either
vacant pending redevelopment, being marketed for relet or only very
recently empty and currently under asset review to determine future


“It should be noted that as a district council, we have no responsibility
for schools or health care buildings, and have very few business
buildings.  This is the responsibility of Staffordshire County Council”.


Thank you in advance.



Information Assistant

show quoted sections