Dear Magdalene College, Cambridge,
I am writing to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for information relating to college employment practices. I would like to know the following, as of August 16th 2018:
1. As of August 16th 2018, the number of staff employed by the college who are working on zero-hours contracts?
2. As of August 16th 2018, the percentage of staff in non-academic/administrative positions employed by the college who are working on zero-hour contracts?
3. As of August 16th 2018, the number of staff currently employed on contracts from the Temporary Employment Service of the University of Cambridge?
4. As of August 16th 2018, the percentage of staff employed by the college on contracts from the Temporary Employment Service of the University of Cambridge?
5. As of August 16th 2018, the average current salary per employee (full time equivalent if part time), broken down by gender and pay level within your organisation.
If you are to invoke Section 43 to withhold information in relation to any of these questions please note you must provide details of the exact FOIA exemption, details of who would be prejudiced by this information, and a public interest test justifying a conclusion with arguments for and against the release of the information.
Thank you very much for your assistance with this request. If you would like any clarification of the information I have asked for, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. I look forward to receiving your response in the next 20 working days.
I refer to your recent request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
regarding employment practices. The response from Magdalene College is in
the attached document.
I hope you find this information useful. The College’s complaints
procedure provides for an internal review of the decisions regarding this
response if you are dissatisfied with it. You should let me know if you
wish to use it, letting me know your reasons for dissatisfaction and any
other matters to which the College should have regard. The review will be
conducted by another officer of the College, who will notify you of its
You have a right to apply to the Information Commissioner for a decision
whether, in any specified respect, your request to the College for
information has been dealt with in accordance with the requirements of the
Freedom of Information Act. Details may be found on the Information
Commissioner’s website at www.ico.gov.uk.
On behalf of Helen Foord, FOI Officer
Secretary to the Assistant Bursar
Tel: 01223 330575
Registered Charity Number 1137542
Please note: My normal working days are Thursday and Friday
Think of the environment - please do not print this email unless really
This e-mail (and any files transmitted with it) is strictly confidential
and intended only for the use of the individual or organisation to whom it
is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail
(or telephone) and destroy the original message. Thank you.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now