Dear Northern Ireland Emergency Preparedness Groups,
Further to my previous request I feel it necessary to instigate another in light of the information contained in your response.
Under the FOI Regulations (and or BAU) can you provide the following information:
1) the name of the Councils who have responsibility to prepare plans and undertaking direction including carrying out risk assessments of their plans, under this remit;
2) the name of the organisation responsible for ensuring that the EMGs are carrying out their role effectively (yourselves or an ombudsman etc) for example who ensures Risk Assessments are carried out across these organisations and who ensures that they are effective and of a high standard given the critical nature of their purpose;
3) which Councils and organisations have failed to provide transparency in their carrying out of this function to its people eg engagement with its publics in the planning process
4) Which Councils and organisations have failed (in a and b in quote below) in carrying out the direction from NI Civil Contingencies Framework Document Page i: "3 Risk assessments shall be carried out in a systematic manner, as a basis for (a) prioritising civil contingencies activities and (b) ensuring an effective use of resources." https://www.executiveoffice-ni.gov.uk/si...
5) What recourse, if any, has taken place to rectify any shortcomings within any of the EMG's responsible bodies?
6) Who (inclusively) is giving direction in 2020 to these responsible organisations on handling the pandemic response.
Many thanks again for your help in responding to these questions.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now