Dear Royal Museums Greenwich,
This is my Freedom Of Information Request.
The following is stated on the Royal Greenwich Museums website under the heading Emergency evacuation.
"Visitor and Sales Assistants are fully trained to support visitors who require step-free access during an emergency. "
1. Is the training provided by a third party such as an organization/charity or is the training provided in house by a member of museum staff with relevant experience and qualifications?
2. If the training is provided by a third party what is the name of the third party?
3. Are the museums Visitor and Sales Assistants who are trained to support visitors who require step-free access during an emergency, re-trained from time to time to make sure they retain their training skills?
4. How long does the training take to complete for a museum Visitor and Sales Assistant to be fully trained to support visitors who require step-free access during an emergency?
5. In the year of 2019 has there been any incidents where museum Visitor and Sales Assistants put their training into action by supporting visitors who require step-free access during an emergency?
Dear Mr Ghose,
Thank you for your email of 31 August which I confirm has been dealt with in accordance with Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please find responses next to your questions below.
I hope that you are happy with the service you have received in relation to your request but if not and you wish to make a complaint you should in the first instance write to me, Jane Costantini, Governance and Museum Records Manager.
If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. (Generally, the Information Commissioner cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the above complaints procedure provided by the National Maritime Museum.)
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Please note: The personal information which you have given to us will be used only to administer your request under the Freedom of Information Act. It will be deleted three years after the correspondence has ceased. Please contact me if you require further information.
Governance and Museum Records Manager
Royal Museums Greenwich
National Maritime Museum | Royal Observatory Greenwich | The Queen's House | Cutty Sark
Park Row, Greenwich, London SE10 9NF
direct +44 (0) 208 312 6636
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now