Dear 2Gether NHS Foundation Trust,
1.Does the trust manage the digitisation of its patient records on-site or is this an outsourced service?
2. If outsourced who is the current provider, when did the contract start and what is the contract term?
a. Was this contract awarded via any Frameworks e.g. CCS RM1063?
b. What is the cost of digitising patient records within the trust?
c. What is the cost of digitising patient records with outsourced providers?
d. What are the trusts targets for having patient files scanned and hard-copy notes available as digital images?
3. If the patient file scanning is provided in house how many staff are involved in:
a. Preparing and/or scanning medical records/patient files?
b. Distributing (delivering or collecting) physical notes around the estate?
c. Retrieving and collecting physical notes from on-site stores?
4. What is the volume of patient record creation per day/week/month by the trust (day forward records)?
a. Is the scanning of patient records linked to any Document Management systems?
b. If so can you confirm which ones are used within the trust?
5. What is your average number of daily created paper records?
6. Does the trust currently scan documents at department level?
a. If so, what hardware is used to scan records?
b. How were they procured?
c. Who in the trust is responsible for the contract management and procurement of these technologies?
7. Please outline which departments are scanning physical paper records and average daily volumes, both back scan and day forward (if they can be separated).
8. Is there a quality standard to adhere to within the trust for scanning paper notes?
9. Does the trust scan other records than patient files?
a. If yes could you please supply daily volumes of record scanning?
b. If yes, please also supply types of records which are scanned?
10. Can you please provide the contact details including email address/format of the trust’s IT Director?
a. If the IT Director is not responsible for digital transformation, please supply contact details, including email address/format of the person(s) who are.
b. Please also supply the details of those responsible for managing patient records (scanning, physical storage and delivery etc).
11. Could you please supply a current organisational chart for medical records, digitisation services and digital transformation programmes?
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. Please note that this
is an automated response. This email address is only monitored during
normal working hours of Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
The Trust will reply to all requests within 20 working days, however, if
for any reason we are unable to do so we will notify you immediately. If a
fee is payable for the information you have requested, we will tell you
what that fee is. We cannot provide any information until any applicable
fee is received.
Need Help Now?
If your enquiry is urgent and relates to the care and treatment of you, a
family member, relative or friend, then please take action as follows:
· Please contact your health care professional or team without delay, if
you are receiving care or treatment from the Trust.
· Speak with your GP or Out of Hours GP (111), if you are not receiving
treatment from the Trust.
· ^2gether Let’s Talk professionals are also available by calling 0800
073 2200 in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire, between 9.00 am and 5:00 pm
Monday to Friday. In addition, you may wish to have a look at our Let’s
Talk pages on the Internet: http://www.talk2gether.nhs.uk/
· If you are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, you can
contact The Samaritans, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 116 123
(UK). You can also visit http://www.samaritans.org
· If you need an emergency service such as an ambulance, please dial 999.
If you have any queries or concerns in the meantime, please do not
hesitate to contact me. We would like to take this opportunity to thank
you for your interest in ^2gether NHS Foundation Trust.
Dear Mr Stonard,
Freedom of Information Request – Ref: FOI 186DS-1920
Thank you for your recent Freedom of Information request. Please find our
Trust Secretary Support Officer
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust
Telephone: 0300 421 7112 Email: [email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now