Dear Cannock Chase District Council,
This is a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act.
From January 2018 to the day this request is processed, please provide a list of organisations and companies that have requested electoral registers and/or electoral register updates, overseas voters lists, and/or absent voters lists.
For each organisation/company, please provide details on what they requested and when they requested it. Please also indicate whether their requests were fulfilled.
I would like to receive this information in an electronic format. If you feel that a substantive response to this request is not possible within a reasonable time frame, I would be grateful if you could contact me and provide assistance as to how I can refine the request. If you need any clarification, please contact me. I look forward to receiving a response in 20 working days. Many thanks.
Thank you for your email.
If it is in regard to a Freedom of Information request, your request is
being considered and, subject to the points made below, you will receive
the information requested as promptly as possible within the statutory
timescale of 20 working days from today as defined by the Freedom of
Information Act 2000.
Any personal information you provide in relation to this request will only
be used for the purposes of processing your request for information. Your
information will only be passed on to departments or staff within Cannock
Chase Council for the purposes of compiling a response to your request. We
will not forward your request to any other organisations or persons
external to the Council. Cannock Chase Council are the Data Controllers
and may be contacted at; [Cannock Chase District Council request email] .
Cannock Chase Council
1. mailto:[Cannock Chase District Council request email]
Thank you for your request for information.
Since January, 2018 copies of the register have been supplied in
accordance with the Representation of the People (England and Wales)
Regulations 2001 (as amended), and other applicable legislation.
Copies of the full register of electors, notice of alteration and list of
overseas electors are provided free of charge on publication to entitled
organisations and individuals, i.e. British Library; local Returning
Officer; UK Statistics Authority (ONS); Electoral Commission; Local
Government Boundary Commission; Jury Summoning Bureau.
Additionally, the following individuals and organisations are entitled
free of charge to a copy of the full register of electors, notice of
alteration and list of overseas electors, on request. (Only those
indicated ‘YES’ have requested / received copies. Individuals are not
• Elected representatives (MP and MEPs) YES
• Candidates at elections (as appropriate to the area being
· Agents of said candidates (as appropriate to the area
being contested) YES
• Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Staffordshire
· Registered political parties, including recognised third
• Local constituency parties YES
• Holders of relevant elective offices within the meaning of
Paragraph 1(8), Schedule 7, Political Parties Elections and Referendums
• Permitted participants within the meaning of Section
105(1) of the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act ?
• The Council which appointed the Electoral Registration
• Parish and community councils YES
• Any police force in Great Britain
• The National Criminal Intelligence Service ?
• The National Crime Squad ?
• The Police Information Technology Organisation
• Any body of constables established under an enactment
• The Security Service, GCHQ and the Secret Intelligence
• A public library or local authority archives service where
their remit includes the registration area
Copies have also been supplied on request, and payment of the relevant
Credit Reference Agencies:
For queries relating to how your request has been handled in relation to
the Freedom of Information Act 2000 please feel free to contact me. If you
are then not satisfied with our response you can complain to us at
Following the exhaustion of our complaints procedure you can also complain
to the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Cannock Chase Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now