EHCP plans

Michael Gaffney made this Freedom of Information request to Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council

Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.

The request was successful.

Dear Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council,

How many applications did Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council receive for children to get Education, Health and Care Plan assessments in 2019, 2018 & 2017?
How many of these applications were refused in 2019, 2018 & 2017?
How many of these applications led to Education, Health and Care Plan assessments taking place, in 2019, 2018 & 2017?
How many Education, Health and Care Plans were issued by Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council in 2019, 2018 & 2017?

Yours faithfully,

Michael Gaffney

Data Protection, Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council

Thank you for your email. 

Your enquiry has been given the reference number 9784.  Please quote this in all future correspondence with regard to this enquiry.

We aim to respond fully to all emails from the public as soon as possible, where they are seeking a response. 

If you are requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act or environmental Information Regulations, there is a 20 working day statutory timescale within which to provide the information requested, subject to any exemptions which may apply.  The 20 working day timescale will start on the first working day following receipt of your email.

If you have access to the Internet you may wish to see if your enquiry can be dealt with online at  The council's website enables many forms to be completed and payments to be made online, as well as providing comprehensive information.

Thank you
Trafford Council

show quoted sections

Children Families & Wellbeing FOI, Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council

Dear Mr Gaffney,


I am writing in response to your Freedom of Information Request (FOI9784)
dated 27 September 2020.


Please find the Council’s response below;


All the information requested can be obtained using the link below





I hope this is helpful however if you are dissatisfied with the handling
of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review.
Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date
of receipt of the response to your original letter and should be addressed
to: Information Governance Manager, Trafford Council, Town Hall, Talbot
Road Stretford M33 0TH or via email to
[2][Trafford Council request email]    


Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future


If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9


Kind Regards


Emma Baker

Customer Engagement Support Officer


Integrated Customer Engagement Team (ICE)


Trafford Council

Trafford Town Hall

Talbot Road


M32 0TH    


Tel: 0161 912 1941

Fax: 0161 912 1289




Trafford Council is a well-performing, low-cost council delivering
excellent services to make Trafford a great place to live, learn, work and
relax.  You can find out more about us by visiting [3]



The supply of information in response to a freedom of information request
does not confer an automatic right to re-use the information.  Under UK
copyright law you can use any information supplied for the purposes of
private study and non-commercial research without requiring permission.
 Similarly, information supplied can also be re-used for the purposes of
news reporting. An exception to this is photographs.


For other forms of re-use, for example publishing the information, you
would need the permission of the organisation or person who owns the
copyright.  In the case of information produced by government departments
and agencies you can re-use the information under the Open Government
Licence.  For information about this please see

If, however, the copyright is identified as belonging to somebody else,
you will need to apply for permission.  For information about how to
obtain permission from a third party, please go to Intellectual Property
Office’s website at [5]


show quoted sections