EHCP Information Request

Carlisle City Council did not have the information requested.

Dear Carlisle City Council,

Under Freedom of Information Act, I would like to request the following information:
1. Number of hours of EHCP OT provision commissioned annually
2. Number of hours of EHCP OT provision that is unfulfilled at this current moment
3. Number of children waiting for OT assessments to form their EHCP

4. What proportion of your organisation’s annual requirement for EHCP OT provision is delivered by an outsource independent provider?
5. If you commission an independent provider to deliver the OT element of EHCPS’ on your behalf, please can you advise what commissioning mechanism you use:
a. Through frameworks
b. Direct relationships
c. Preferred Supplier lists
d. Other (please elaborate)
6. Where is your framework published?
7. Who are your current Paediatric preferred suppliers for providing EHCP OT provisions
a. Name of supplier
b. Cost per assessment
c. Cost per treatment session
d. Travel and mileage costs

8. Do you have a ceiling price for commissioning occupational therapy EHCP OT provision?
9. If yes, please give indicate costs for:
a. Cost per assessment
b. Cost per treatment session
c. Travel and mileage costs

10. Who is the main contact/team responsible for EHCP provision and allocation of therapy?
a. Name
b. Job title
c. Email
d. Telephone number

Please do not hesitate to contact me on 01252675058 should any aspect of my request require clarification.

Yours faithfully,

Laura Tilling

Carlisle City Council

Dear Laura Tilling,


Thank you for your request for information about EHCP OT provision which
was received on 21/12/2022. Your request has been handled under the terms
of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and has been given the reference

Your request for information has now been considered.  Carlisle City
Council is not responsible for Children Services or Education,
therefore, we do not hold the information under section 1(1) of the
Freedom of Information Act.  

However, the information you request may be held by Cumbria County Council
which is the responsible Authority. Freedom of Information requests can be
submitted to Cumbria County Council by using their [1]online request form
or by emailing  [2][email address

If you have any queries about this email, please contact me.  Please
remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.

Kind regards,

Information Team

Carlisle City Council

Civic Centre



[email address]


This e-mail and its attachments may include confidential information or
protectively marked material up to OFFICIAL SENSITIVE and should be
handled accordingly and, is solely for use by the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this e-mail and its attachments in error, please
notify the sender immediately, delete them and do not disclose, copy,
distribute, disclose or retain any part of them. The views and opinions
expressed by the author are not necessarily those of Carlisle City
Council. Carlisle City Council has scanned this e-mail and its attachments
to ensure that they are virus free. The Council can take no responsibility
if a virus is actually present and you are advised to make the appropriate
checks to confirm that they are virus free. Any email and contents sent or
received by the Council may need to be disclosed by the Council under the
Freedom of Information Act 2000. Any personal information contained within
this email and its attachments must be processed in accordance with the
Data Protection Legislation. For further information on how Carlisle City
Council will process your personal information, please visit the Council’s
privacy statement at


Visible links
2. mailto:[email address]