Dear Leicestershire County Council,
Please provide answers to the following questions pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act.
A. How many children in your area hold an EHCP but are not currently attending at a school because of:
1. Having been excluded from school officially (a) within the last year (b) over a year ago but below three years ago (C) over three years ago
2. Having been subjected to a planned managed move that has not yet been implemented ie no school yet found for them (a) within the last year (B) over a year ago but below three years ago (C) over three years ago.
3. Having been withdrawn by parents due to reasons relating to a contention by parents that the previous school could not meet needs ? (a) within the last year (B) over a year ago but below three years ago (C) above three years ago.
B . Of those children in A above, how many receive home education delivered by a qualified teacher and funded by the local authority for over:
1. Up to five hours per week.
2. Up to Ten hours per week
3. Over ten hours per week.
And in respect of those children not referred to in this question (ie those not receiving funded home education) how many does the local authority believe are in receipt of education:
1. funded by their parents, and
2. of those children how many children through their parents had requested funding but were turned down, and
3. In respect of each of those children how many have had their educational needs assessed since their withdrawal from school.
D. Of those children in A above how many of those children:
1. Are diagnosed with specific learning difficulties
2. Are diagnosed with emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties
3. Have a diagnosis of Autism / ADHD / PDA
E. Of those children referred to in (A) above how many children have not been annually reviewed:
(a) within twelve months from the date of their previous review or
(B) within the last two years of their previous review or
(C) within the last three years or more from their previous review.
F. . Of those children referred to in (A) above how many children have been assessed by social care to determine the extent of their social care needs since their withdrawal from school, and have received a care plan?
G. Of those children in (A) above how many children whose EHCP record require either speech and language or occupational therapy provision, have the local authority been satisfied are having all of their therapy ie speech and language or occupational therapy needs being met despite not attending at a school
Thank you for your information request. This is an automated response and
If you have submitted a request under the Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA) or the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR), your request
will be considered and you will receive our response within the statutory
timescale of 20 working days.
If we need to clarify anything or your query is regarding a different
matter one of our FOI team will be in contact within 5 working days.
Dear Ms Bodycote,
I am writing to you in relation to your request received on 21/12/18.
We are unable to proceed with this request without further clarification
of the information you require.
To help us continue processing your request, please can you answer the
Please clarify what do you mean by 'having been excluded from school
officially' in question 1.
Please note that if I do not receive appropriate clarification within
three months from the date of this email, then I will consider your
Further information about your rights to information is available from the
Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org
Complaints & FOI Team
Business Support Services
Leicestershire County Council