Dear Jesus College, Cambridge,
Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I kindly request some raw data from you regarding university applications.
1) The number of IB economics applicants, and the number of which were made offers, studying the IB Diploma in the years 2012, 2013 and 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
2) The average predicted IB points score of economics applicants and the average of those made offers in the years 2012, 2013 and 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
3) The mean IB points score offer made to economics applicants in the years 2012, 2013 and 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
4) The mean achieved IB points score for offer holders in the years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
5) The total number of applicants and the number of successful applicants who already had their IB results when they applied. In any past year where the data is available.
6) The average IB score for students accepted who had IB results before applying. In any past year where the data is available.
Thank you for your request. The College cannot respond comprehensively as it no longer retains data about unsuccessful applicants for the years before 2017.
For this year (2017) we received 4 applications from students offering the IB and the average predicted mark was 43 points.
The College has made 3 offers during the years that you specify. We are unable to identify in which years as this may lead to identification of the students concerned.
The average predicted score for those who received an offer and achieved the required marks was 44 points
None of the students for whom we hold data were post qualification applicants.
Further details about making a request to the College, including your rights if you are not satisfied with our response may be found at https://www.jesus.cam.ac.uk/college/abou...
Information and advice about the Freedom of Information Act and making requests is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/officia...
Records and Information Manager
Jesus College Cambridge
e-mail: [email address]