Dear Ministry of Defence (MoD),
Could you please confirm the following;
1. What duties are placed upon defence contractors who hold contracts with the MoD to report any data loss or data breaches that relates to their work and/or contracts with the MoD?
2. How many defence contractors or other equivalent organisations have reported data losses or data breaches to the MoD in the last 8 years?
For clarity, I require no identification of any defence contractor and/or companies involved.
Dear Mr Peters,
Please find attached a response to your FOI request.
DE&S Secretariat Parliamentary
Maple 0A, MOD Abbey Wood, #2043, Bristol, BS34 8JH
Defence Equipment & Support
Dear DES Sec-FOI (MULTIUSER),
Your Reference: FOI2018/12928
Further to your response to the above FoI request.
I am looking to establish any data breaches that involve a defence contractor (or any other such body) losing information classed as either 'Restricted' or 'Secret' that should not be in the Public Domain.
The data 'lost' would have been stored on a portable hard drive, USB drive or CD-ROM?
Dear [email address] on behalf of Information Systems and Services Secretariat,
Thank you for answering me FoI request.
Further to the information supplied, namely, "Between November 2010 and October 2018 there were 22 incidents which meet the criteria specified in your refined request above."
Could you please tell me of the 22 incidents;
1. How many were self-referrals by the Defence Contractor(s) involved?
2. How many of these 22 incidents were notified to the MoD by a 3rd party?
3. How many of these 22 incidents were referred to a UK Police Force for investigation?
Please treat these 3 questions as a new FoI request.