Dear The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service,
I would like to know the following please.
- The drop out rates for university students this year.
- The drop out rates for university students for the past 3 years.
- The drop out rates broken down by university and area. Including Scotland.
- Students' reasons why for dropping out.
Thank you for requesting information from UCAS under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).
I can confirm that UCAS does not hold this information.
UCAS only holds data relating to applications, offers and acceptances. We do not know if an applicant goes on to enrol on a particular course or if they ever completed it.
However, HESA does hold some of these figures and you can find out more here: https://www.hesa.ac.uk/data-and-analysis....
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have responded to your request you may:
1) Contact us requesting that this matter is reviewed internally by UCAS. Your request will then be subject to our internal review process.
2) If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your internal review, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information Commissioner's Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, telephone 0303 1231113, or for further details see their website www.ico.org.uk
Information Governance Officer
Rosehill | New Barn Lane | Cheltenham | GL52 3LZ
Registered office as above. Registered company No 2839815.
Registered charity No. (England and Wales) 1024741 and (Scotland) SCO38598.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now