Dear East Cambridgeshire District Council,
My name is Martina Hogg and I am making a Freedom of Information request. Please provide the following information.
• Number of applications for a new licence in last 12 months
• Number of applications for a licence renewals in last 12 months
• Number of new licences granted as a result of an application made in the last 12 months
• Number of licences renewed as a result of an application made in the last 12 months
• If appropriate, grounds on which any licence (new or renewal) was refused.
• A copy of each dog breeding licence currently issued.
• Please confirm the number of staff and qualifications of staff employed by each licence holder (for the avoidance of doubt I am not requesting any details of individual staff, just number employed by each licence holder and the qualification(s) held)
• When applying for a new licence or a renewal which of the following do you require in respect of the animals specified in the licence
o Age and/or date of birth
o Microchip number
o Date of purchase
• Where a breeder buys/sells a breeding dog during the period of an issued licence do you require them to notify you of the change at the time of the sale/purchase of the dog or are records only updated at the time of the renewal application?
• What steps, if any, do you take to ensure that each breeder complies with The Microchipping of Dogs (England) 2015 regulations?
• Number of staff employed to conduct inspections during last 12 months
• Total number of inspections conducted during last 12 months
• Number of litters produced (and number of puppies in each litter) by each licence holder
• If you keep records of Kennel Club Assured Breeder Scheme members please confirm which licence holders are also members of this scheme
• Price charged for new licence
• Price charged for renewal of a licence
• Has any licence been revoked or suspended in the last 12 months? If so, please provide details of licence holder and reason for revocation or suspension
• Number of complaints received in the last 12 months and the name of the licence holder complained about. Where a complaint has resulted in enforcement action please confirm what enforcement action was taken and the name of the licence holder (or refer to answer above if details already provided in relation to revocation or suspension of licence)
I look forward to hearing from you.
AUTOMATED MESSAGE We acknowledge receipt of this email and your request
will be dealt with accordingly. The Council have 20 working days to comply
with requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
and Environmental Information Regulations 2004. Please note if your email
is not a request for information, this will not fall within the statutory
time limit but will be dealt with by the relevant department. Victoria
Higham Information and Legal Support Officer 01353 665555
[email address] www.eastcambs.gov.uk East Cambridgeshire
District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs CB7 4EE
We acknowledge receipt of this email and your request will be dealt with accordingly. The Council have 20 working days to comply with requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004. Please note if your email is not a request for information, this will not fall within the statutory time limit but will be dealt with by the relevant department.
East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs CB7 4EE
Thank you for providing some of the information requested.
The online register just list licence holders and does not provide the information recorded on the licence. Please now provide copy licences as requested.
Thank you for your email, which has been passed to me as Information
Officer by the Senior Licensing Officer, Stewart Broome.
With regard to your FOI response, which directed you to our Licensing
Register on our webpage. Mr Broome was correct to not provide you with
copies of the dog breeding licences, and I confirm this in your revised
response attached above. Please accept my apologies that the exemption
wording was not included in your initial response.
East Cambridgeshire District Council
The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE
Pay, report, apply online 24 hours a day
[East Cambridgeshire District Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now