Dear Ministry of Defence,
Dear Sir/ Madam
Could you please inform me on how the Iraqi Armour was disposed of after the Gulf War 1 conflict.
1.How many troops were involved in this clean up operation
2. Did troops recieve any medical advice prior to completing there task
3. Was any troops subject to ANY risk of DU contamination
4. Did any troops recieve medical attention for any DU, Chemical or Biological illness or contamination
5. Were troops who were involved with the removal ( clean up operation ) issued or ordered to wear any
6. Does the MOD know that if at the time there was bodiles , Iraq soldiers personal equiptment and ammunitions in the tanks.
7. was the armour brought back to the UK for testing, if so were the scientists protected in the way of clothing, face masks etc
8. The missiles Frog, Scud etc how did the recovering teams know that a) there was no chemical or biological threat to them or collegues . b) That there was no danger of explosions
9. Were the troops that recovered Iraqi armour and missiles for disposal were they fully informed of the risks involved
10. Relating to the Oil fires, does the MOD believe that the troops were sufficiently protected by having a flimsy face mask that broke within seconds of being used. This is the type of face mask that you often see tourists wear to walk around London to decrease the health risks from pollution.
I know there are several questions here but please provide the information and and any communications from and depts either being health or commanders on the ground at that time to substanciate actions taken
Dear Mr Beswick,
Please find attached a response to your FOI request.
Defence Personnel Secretariat