Dear Higher Education Statistics Agency,
I am trying to find out how Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) promotes equality of opportunity between neurotypical staff and neurodiverse staff. Can you please tell me:
1. How many open-ended Lectureships are currently held at GCU, Glasgow (at grade 7 and above)?
2. Of these, how many of the post-holders have autism?
3. Of all the open-ended Lectureships currently held at GCU, Glasgow (at grade 7 and above), how many of the post-holders have dyspraxia?
4. Of all the open-ended Lectureships currently held at GCU, Glasgow (at grade 7 and above), how many of the post-holders have both autism and dyspraxia?
5. Of all the open-ended Lectureships currently held at GCU, Glasgow (at grade 7 and above), how many of the post-holders have declared a disability?
6. What percentage of lecturers in the UK have autism?
7. What percentage of lecturers in the UK have dyspraxia?
8. What percentage of lecturers in the UK have a disability?
Thank you for your enquiry. This is an automated message to confirm receipt of your email. A member of the team will be in contact within the next 5 working days.
Your enquiry reference is 00061869, please use this in any correspondence with us.
With kind regards,
Data Intelligence Team
T +44 (0) 1242 211133
Thank you for your email and my apologies for the delay in getting back to
Firstly, HESA is not covered by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, as we
are not a public authority under the Act. HESA is a not-for-profit private
limited company owned by its members. HESA is funded by subscription from
all of the universities and higher education colleges throughout the UK.
Although we are not covered by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, we
will do our best to answer any queries that we receive. There may be a
charge for this depending on the size of the enquiry and use for the data.
Please can you outline your use for the data you've requested?
The most detailed breakdown of disability data that we hold is shown here
- https://www.hesa.ac.uk/collection/c17025... will see
that learning disabilities are grouped together.
While we publish much of our data online -
https://www.hesa.ac.uk/data-and-analysis - not all the data you have
requested is available freely from our website. Data further to that
available on our website can be requested via a bespoke data request.
If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to get in contact.
I'm also available on the number below.
HESA Data Intelligence Analyst
T +44 (0) 1242 211473
Important HESA data news: Immediate changes to the Email not displaying
delivery of our products and services correctly?
View it in your
HESA’s data analytics services are now delivered by Jisc. HESA’s data
analytics team have integrated with Jisc’s newly established data
We are contacting you because you have previously requested to receive
information from HESA regarding one or more of HESA’s current or upcoming
new data analytics products.
Over the years, Jisc and HESA have successfully delivered several
collaborative higher education data analytics products and services
including; Heidi Plus, Analytics Labs, Community Dashboards and the
forthcoming Interactive Insights products.
The new data analytics directorate within Jisc, led by Karen Foster
(former Managing Director of HESA’s data analytics team), will combine our
complementary capabilities and experience.
What does this mean to you?
We have tried to limit any changes to the delivery of our products and
services. Our Data Consultancy and Data Insight products are currently
being transitioned to Jisc and there may be a short delay in the
contracting and delivery of these products and services. As you’d expect
when bringing two businesses closer together, there will be some immediate
and some longer-term changes to our processes, which may affect how we
deliver our services to you now and in the future.
Find out more about HESA and Jisc Data Protection Roles.
Why have we integrated with Jisc?
* To combine the very best of Jisc and HESA data analytics expertise
* To advance HE data analytics services within the sector to deliver
leading products and services
* To offer you an enhanced HE data analytics service to support improved
data-driven business decisions.
What will stay the same?
* Our team of highly experienced data analysts remains unchanged, we
look forward to working with you and your colleagues again
* The same telephone number for ordering new Jisc data analytics
products and services +44 (0) 1242 211 133
* Availability of data, including publicised upcoming releases of HESA
* There will be no immediate changes to the way we deliver your data.
What is changing now?
There are a few changes as of today. These include:
* If you wish to continue to find out about future higher education data
and analytics products and services which will now be delivered by
Jisc you will need to opt-in to receive marketing communications
* The email address for new enquiries and customer support has changed
to [email address]
* Product and support information can now be found on Jisc’s website
* You will receive quotations, contracts and invoices from Jisc data
analytics; however, please bear with us during a short transition
period where you may still see HESA logos and documents sent from
Should you have any questions about Jisc data analytics, the delivery of
Data Consultancy and Data Insight services, or anything else, please do
not hesitate to contact us at [email address].
Customer success team
95 Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 1HZ
T +44 (0) 1242 211 484
01242 211 484
95 Promenade, Cheltenham GL50 1HZ
“We”/“HESA” refers to the Higher Education Statistics Agency Limited
and/or its wholly owned trading subsidiary HESA Services Limited. See
governance and company information.
Copyright © 2019, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Higher Education Statistics Agency Limited
Cheltenham, GL50 1HZ
5. mailto:[email address]
7. mailto:[email address]
8. mailto:[email address]
11. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now