Dear Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council,
1.Please provide a copy of your policy regarding the trialling of SEN Direct Payments and personal budgets.
2. Please confirm whether all parents/carers issued with a new or amended statement since January 2012 have been informed about their right to apply for a Direct Payment for SEN provision under the Special Educational Needs (Direct Payments) (Pilot Scheme) Order 2012. How has this information been provided? Please provide a copy of any standard leaflet or letter issued together with confirmation of date of issue.
3. Please confirm the number of parents/carers who are receiving SEN Direct Payments and what those Direct Payments relate to.
4. Please confirm whether any of these SEN Direct Payments could be provided outside the Pathfinder project, e.g. payments under Part 6 of a statement for transport.
5. Please provide a copy of your policy for considering requests for direct payments for SEN provision. If you do not have a policy, please confirm whether there are any limits placed on direct payments applications, e.g. they will not be provided if the LA has a block contract or there is a financial limit. Please confirm whether these criteria are communicated to parents and provide a copy of that document .
6. Please confirm your arrangements for reviewing appeals against a refusal of a request for SEN Direct Payments. Please provide a copy of any policy and any leaflet/letter issued to parents explaining this.
7. Please confirm what information is provided to parents/carers about the trialling of personal budgets. Please provide a copy of any leaflet or letter issued.
8. Please confirm how many parents/carers are receiving a personal budget within the auspices of the Pathfinder project?
9. Please confirm how parents/carers in receipt of SEN Direct Payments/ personal budgets obtained the information to make an application. For example, were they:
(a) sent the information with a new or amended statement
(b) recruited as part of a specific pilot
(c) neither (a )or (b), the family approached the LA having heard about SEN Direct Payments/personal budgets from other sources
10. Please provide a copy of your local offer.
RE: - REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Thank you for your request for information held by Rochdale Council which
was received by us on 6^th July 2013 regarding Direct payments and
I write to advise you that your request has been allocated to the
department best able to deal with your queries, and will be considered
under the Freedom of Information Act. Under the Act we are required to
provide a response within 20 working days, therefore you should receive a
response from us by the end of 2^nd August 2013. Please be advised that a
charge may be applicable for your request but if so, we will advise you of
this in due course.
Should you have any queries, please contact us using the details below.
Information Governance Unit
Performance & Transformation
Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council
Tel: 01706 925505
Email: [Rochdale Council request email]
1. mailto:[Rochdale Council request email]
RE: - REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000
In response to your request for information under the Freedom of
Information Act, Rochdale MBC are happy to supply the attached
We feel that we have fulfilled your Freedom of Information request.
However, if you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation
to your request or wish to make a complaint or appeal against any decision
we have made in response to your request you should write in the first
The Internal Review Panel
The Information Governance Unit
Number One Riverside
E-mail: [Rochdale Council request email]
Should you further disagree with the decision following the appeal you may
wish to contact the Office of the Information Commissioner:
Office of the Information Commissioner
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510
Should you have any queries, please contact me.