Dear Rhondda Cynon Taff Council,

Please can you tell me if any of your schools employ supply teachers directly? If so can you tell me how many were on your payroll and were paid directly in the academic year 2017/2018? What was the cost of direct employment? If you do not employ any directly, can you tell me a reason for this when the Cabinet Secretary for Education says schools have a choice whether to employ directly or to use agencies.

Yours faithfully,

Angela Sandles

Freedomofinformation, Rhondda Cynon Taff Council

Dear Ms Sandles,

Thank you for your request for information.

Your request will be processed in accordance with the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 (or Environmental Information Regulations 2004, if it
relates to environmental information).

You should ordinarily expect to receive a response to your request no
later than 20 working days following the date of submission to the
Council. We will contact you should this not be the case.

Yours sincerely

Carfan Llywodraethu Corfforaethol / Corporate Governance Team
ar ran Cyfarwyddwr Gwasanaethau Cyfreithiol a Llywodraethol / for Director
of Legal & Democratic Services

show quoted sections

Freedomofinformation, Rhondda Cynon Taff Council

Dear Ms Sandles

We refer to your Freedom of Information Request in respect of schools
employing supply teachers directly.

Schools in Rhondda Cynon Taf are responsible for employing their own
supply teachers either through an agency or directly.

If they are employed directly the Authority would not be able to determine
centrally if they were supply teachers or on a fixed term contract. This
information is retained by the individual schools. Therefore you will have
to re-direct your request to the individual schools themselves who are
classed as separate public bodies in their own right for FOI purposes.

All contact details for schools within RCT can be found on the Council's
website via the following link:


If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been
handled, you can request a review of the Council’s response. If you wish
to exercise this right, please set out in writing your grounds and send
your appeal to Mrs Julie Llewellyn. She may be reached at
[2][email address] or at RCT CBC, The Pavilions, Clydach
Vale, Tonypandy, CF40 2XX.

Additionally you may, if you wish, find out more about the Freedom of
Information Act & Environmental Information Regulations from the
Information Commissioner at [3]

Yours sincerely

Llywodraethu Corfforaethol/Corporate Governance
ar ran Cyfarwyddwr Gwasanaethau Cyfreithiol a Llywodraethol/for Director
of Legal & Democratic Services

show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .