Dear South Tyneside Borough Council,
I'm seeking some detail on the position of Supporting People in South Tyneside. I was hoping you could answer the following questions:
• Roughly speaking, what was your allocation for SP understood to be? I appreciate this is difficult to determine given the absorption of SP into the formula grant but any indication would be useful. CLG gave us a figure of 5.74m.
• How much has this changed by compared to 2010/11?
• Has Supporting People been kept as a distinct budget or has it been subsumed into a general pot along with other funding schemes for adult social care?
• If you have identified a budget specifically for Supporting People, how much is that budget?
If Supporting People has been subsumed into a general pot along with other funding schemes, what other schemes does this include and what was their respective funding for 2010/11?
• What learning disability services does Supporting People fund in your area?
• How much funding are these services getting and how does this compare to 2010/11?
• If you are making savings on Supporting People, are these being made through efficiencies and/or cuts to services? Where are efficiency savings/cuts being made and how?
• As I am sure that you are aware, under the Disability Discrimination Act, authorities have a duty to meet the needs of disabled people. Therefore, if services are being cut, what are you offering instead to those in need of these services?
• Have you engaged in or are planning to engage in consultation? If not, why?
• Would it be possible to provide copies of any relevant policy/ consultation documents you may have?
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Your FOI Request was received by South Tyneside Council on 5th April 2011.
A decision about your request will be made within the next 20 working days, if not sooner from the date we received your request. Should there be any delays or queries with your request we will contact you.
If you have any further queries regarding this matter then please do not hesitate to contact us at [South Tyneside Borough Council request email] or on 0191 424 7079
Dear Muriel Hurst,
I just wanted to check on the status of my FOI request as I believe it has been over 20 working days since my request was made.
To whom it may concern,
I made an FOI request for information about Supporting People on April 5th this year. I received no response. After the 20 day deadline had passed I got in touch to check on the status of my request and again received no response. Given that thre is a legal obligation on Councils to reply to all FOI requests within 20 working days I would appreciate it if you could clarify why there has been such a delay in your response.
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl - www.blackspider.com
Dear Ms Lucas,
Please find attached the Councils response to your freedom of Information request, we apologise for the delay in providing you with this information.
PG Dip InfoSec (Royal Holloway), A.Inst.ISP
Information Governance Lead Officer
[South Tyneside Borough Council request email]
Many thanks for your response to my FOI. The information you've provided is really useful.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now