Dear Chorley Borough Council,
With reference to Policy document: http://chorley.gov.uk/Documents/Business...
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I would kindly ask that you detail the following:
1. How many separate properties are currently receiving non domestic (business rates) mandatory rate relief as a charity?
2. And can you clarify whether these charities receive this at 80% or 100% relief for the years 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19?
3. How much is the total rate relief cost at 80% for charities 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19? This will enable comparative assessment.
4. How much is the additional council discretionary (top up) total charity rate relief cost for mandatory charities 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19? This will enable comparative assessment.
5. Please provide details of which charity receives the smallest and the biggest mandatory rate relief and how much would it’s rates be if it didn’t 2018/2019?
6. Are there any dwellings receiving charity rate relief for trustees 2018/19?
7. To prevent fraudulent receipt of this rate relief and provide open transparency please list these business addresses for the year 2018/19 only together with their mandatory and any top up discretionary business rate relief cost? (Ie: the cost of their business rate relief savings by being a charity)
8. To prevent fraudulent receipt of this rate relief and provide open transparency please list these business addresses for the year 2018/19 only with how mich they pay in business rates at the reduced rate?
9. How many investigations have led to the cessation of this charity related business mandatory rate relief and top up arising from the misapplication of this rate relief, its misuse or other information?
10. How many prosecutions has the council conducted regarding this specific economic crime?
Thank you for your email.
We will deal with your enquiry as quickly as possible. You may find the
information you need on our website.
( 01257 515151 | 8 chorley.gov.uk
Waste collections are changing. To find out more click here.
You can make service requests online at chorley.gov.uk, and it’s even
faster if you use 'My Account'
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be
legally privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee.
If they have come to you in error you must not use, copy or communicate
them to anyone. Please advise the sender and permanently delete the e-mail
and attachments. Please note that while Chorley Council has policies in
place requiring its staff to use e-mail in an appropriate manner, any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender may not
necessarily reflect the views of Chorley Council. Chorley Council may
monitor e-mails sent or received.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now