Definitive list of Public Rights of Way with Vehicular Access

Darren Roberts made this Freedom of Information request to Shropshire Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was partially successful.

Dear Shropshire Council,

Could you please provide a list of Public Rights of Way for Shropshire that carry vehicular rights, namely BOATS (Byways Open to All Traffic), UCR's (Unclassified County Roads) and ORPAs (Other Routes with Public Access) where the route is maintainable by public expense.

Ideally the list would provide the unique street reference number, type (BOAT,UCR, ORPA) and start & end location.

Yours faithfully,

Darren Roberts

FOI, Shropshire Council

Dear Mr Roberts


Thank you for your request for information received on 09/08/2018.  We are
currently processing your request in accordance with the relevant


You have requested Definitive List of Public Rights of Way With Vehicular


(Please note this may be a summary of your request and full details, as
outlined in the request, will be sent to the team providing the response.)


If you feel the information is inaccurate or requires amendment, please
notify us as soon as possible using the contact details provided below. 


Yours sincerely


Information Governance Team

Shropshire Council


Abbey Foregate




Tel:                  01743 252179 / 252774 / 252747

Email:             [Shropshire Council request email]

Web:               [1]



show quoted sections


Visible links

Chris Edwards, Shropshire Council

2 Attachments

Dear Mr Roberts

Thank you for your Freedom of Information Request.

Please find attached a list of all the Byways Open to all Traffic within Shropshire. It should be noted that a few of these are subject to Traffic Regulation Orders which prevent usage with vehicles. I have therefore attached the relevant link to our webpages which details these restrictions.


Chris Edwards
Head of Infrastructure & Communities

show quoted sections

Dear Chris Edwards,

Thank you very much for the information supplied. Can you please confirm if there are any UCRs (Unclassified County Roads) or ORPA (Other Routes with Public Access) that are publically maintainable by Shropshire Council?

Yours sincerely,

Darren Roberts

Chris Edwards, Shropshire Council

I am currently out of the office and will be returning to work on Tuesday
21st August 2018. During this time my email account will not be routinely
monitored. I will deal with your request as promptly as possible on my


If your enquiry is urgent then please contact Nuria Smith on 01743 255478


If this is a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act,
or other similar legislation, please submit your request using our online
form at 


Kind regards


Chris Edwards

Head of Infrastructure & Communities

Shropshire Council



show quoted sections


Visible links
1. file:///tmp/