Dear Humber Bridge Board,
On 3 April 2021 the Humber Bridge Board (the Board) announced its decision (the decision) to close the combined foot / cycleway (the footway) across the Humber bridge (the bridge).
In relation to the decision, could you please confirm whether, and if so provide a written copy:
1. There is a written record of the decision and the reasons for it.
2. The Board considered its network management duty under the Traffic Management Act (TMA) 2004, and the statutory guidance issued under section 18 of the TMA.
3. Any equality impact assessment was undertaken, and if not, why not, and how the Board has complied with its equality duty in the absence of such an assessment.
4. What if any adjustments the Board has introduced since closing the footway to accommodate the needs of disabled cyclists and pedestrians needing to cross the bridge.
In 2009, the Board installed higher barriers along part of the footway as part of a trial scheme (the trial).
In relation to the trial, please confirm whether, and if so provide a written copy:
5. Any report or evaluation was prepared.
6. There are any minutes or records of meetings during or post the trial which confirm what if any safety and prevention measures were discussed, rejected or agreed.
Should the Board decide not to respond to this request as an FoI request, please reconsider this request as a request for information under the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004.
Thank you for getting in touch with the Humber Bridge.
We are currently experiencing an extremely high volume of emails so to
best support you - we advise that:
* If your queries relate to, paying your toll, HumberTAG, late fees or
Motability/Concessions - please email your query to
[email address] or you can create a contact form through the
HumberTAG website here
* If your query relates to an unpaid toll notification please email
[email address]. Your fees will be frozen from the date
you have contacted us. However, if you continue to check the website
the system will show them accumulating - please do not be concerned.
* You may also find a solution for your queries by reading our
For all other enquiries, we will come back to within 7-10 days.
Thank you in advance for your patience regarding this matter.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now