Dear Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council,
1. How much provision was made for bad debt for 2019/20?
2. What was that figure based on?
3. How much debt was outstanding at the 31st March 2019?
4. What proportion of the debts were related to each of the following types:
a. Council Tax arrears?
b. NNDR arrears?
c. Housing Benefit overpayments?
d. Adult Social Care?
e. Housing Tenancy rents (where applicable)
f. Commercial property?
g. Staff overpayments?
h. Sundry debts?
i. Other? (Please specify)
5. How much of each type of debt was more than 90 days old?
6. How much of each type of debt was more than 1 year old?
7. How much of each type of debt was more than 2 years old?
8. How much of outstanding debt was written off at 31st March 2019 as un-recoverable?
9. Does the Council have a corporate debt recovery policy?
10. Does the council maintain a central database of debts?
11. Does the council operate a data matching service for debtors names and addresses?
12. Has the council centralised arrangements for raising of debts?
13. Has the council centralised arrangements for pursuing debts?
14. Has the council appointed a debt collection agency for debts?
15. Does the council factor debts?
16. What action is taken to prevent debts arising?
FOI request - Ref FOI/19/1065
I wish to acknowledge receipt of your request for information.
I have asked the relevant officers of the Authority to commence enquiries immediately to find all applicable information relating to your request under the FOI Act and to supply any which is found to you.
Your request has to be processed within a maximum of 20 working days, which means the Council must provide you with the information it has (assuming no exemptions are claimed) by 18/12/2019. If it is possible to provide you with the information within a shorter timescale then that will be done.
Should you have any queries about this matter please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Please find attached our response to your request.
Business Support Officer
Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Redcar & Cleveland House
Follow us on Twitter: @redcarcleveland
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/redcarcleveland
Vision and Values Email Signature
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now