Dear Milton Keynes Council,
1. How much provision was made for bad debt for 2019/20?
2. What was that figure based on?
3. How much debt was outstanding at the 31st March 2019?
4. What proportion of the debts were related to each of the following types:
a. Council Tax arrears?
b. NNDR arrears?
c. Housing Benefit overpayments?
d. Adult Social Care?
e. Housing Tenancy rents (where applicable)
f. Commercial property?
g. Staff overpayments?
h. Sundry debts?
i. Other? (Please specify)
5. How much of each type of debt was more than 90 days old?
6. How much of each type of debt was more than 1 year old?
7. How much of each type of debt was more than 2 years old?
8. How much of outstanding debt was written off at 31st March 2019 as un-recoverable?
9. Does the Council have a corporate debt recovery policy?
10. Does the council maintain a central database of debts?
11. Does the council operate a data matching service for debtors names and addresses?
12. Has the council centralised arrangements for raising of debts?
13. Has the council centralised arrangements for pursuing debts?
14. Has the council appointed a debt collection agency for debts?
15. Does the council factor debts?
16. What action is taken to prevent debts arising?
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 - INFORMATION REQUEST - INTERNAL REFERENCE 305858
I acknowledge your request for information.
Your request is being considered and you will receive the information requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days, as defined by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information not being exempt or containing reference to a third party.
Please be aware that the Act defines a number of exemptions which may prevent release of the information you have requested. In the event that an exemption category applies information may not be released. You will be informed if this is the case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
Freedom of Information Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now