Dear Thames Valley Police,
On page 10 of Mr. Green's forensic report of 27th September 2003, mention is made of tapings having been taken from Dr. Kelly's clothes.
1. How many tapings were taken?
2. On what date were the tapings tested for evidence of third party DNA and/or the presence of fibres or other material suggestive of the presence of a third party? If the tapings have never been tested for third party DNA and/or fibres please state that clearly.
3. What were the results of the tests referred to in Question 2?
4. I ask for a copy of any reports which contain the result of such tests. If no such report exists, please state that clearly.
5. What other forensic tests, if any, did Thames Valley Police carry out with a view to establishing whether or not one or more third parties had contact with Dr. Kelly or his body? If no other tests were carried out please state that clearly.
6. Have the tapings been retained for future possible forensic examnation?
7. What plans do Thames Valley Police have to conduct forensic tests on the tapings?
In the interests of transparency and in the context of the recent Wikeley judgement on supposedly "vexatious" requests I state simply that I have formally drawn to the attention of the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner serious failings in the Thames Valley Police investigation into the death of Dr. Kelly and have also asked for a review of the investigation by an external Police force.
In that context I believe that this FOI Request is proportionate and has a demonstrable serious purpose.
(Dr) Andrew Watt
Dear Mr Watt,
Reference no RFI2012000457
I acknowledge receipt of your request for information dated 27 May requesting for information on death of Dr David Kelly - testing of forensic evidence re third parties.
Your request will now be considered and you will receive a further response within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by the Freedom of Information Act, subject to the information not being exempt or containing a reference to a third party. In some circumstances Thames Valley Police may be unable to achieve this deadline. If this is likely you will be informed and given a revised time-scale at the earliest opportunity.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Thames Valley Police.
| Public Access Assistant
Joint Information Management Unit | Hampshire Constabulary & Thames Valley Police
Telephone +44(0)1865 846329 | Email Address [email address] or [email address]
Thames Valley Police Currently use the Microsoft Office 2002 suite of applications. Please be aware of this if you intend to include an attachment with your email. This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the originator and not necessarily those of Thames Valley Police. It is for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please forward a copy to: [email address] and to the sender. Please then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it. Thank you.