DBS Compliance and Reference Checking
William Jenkins made this Freedom of Information request to Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust,
Please could you answer the following questions relating to Compliance (DBS) and Reference Checking under the Freedom of Information Act (2000).
1. Does your organisation have a central repository for data relating to reference checking and DBS?
2. Is the compliance (DBS) and reference checking process within the organisation automated or manual?
3. What compliance (DBS) and reference checks are conducted on the below staffing groups:
a) Nursing and Midwifery
b) Medical and dental
c) Non-Medical Non-Clinical
4. What is the average time for the organisation to get a return on a DBS compliance check and references in 17/18?
5. How many compliance (DBS) checks are conducted, on average each month in 17/18?
6. How many staff on average, are involved in compliance and reference checking process in 17/18?
7. How many hours per month, on average are spent on compliance (DBS) and reference checking in 17/18?
8. Does your organisation currently have a third-party provider for compliance (DBS) and reference checking?
a) If yes, please list the supplier(s)
b) What were the costs associated with compliance (DBS) and reference checking to the organisation in 2017/18?
c) Contract Start Date
d) Contract End Date
e) Did you use a framework to procure their services?
f) If yes, what framework did you procure them through?
If you are unable to provide the data requested, please could you specify the reasoning with reference to specific exclusions within the Freedom of Information Act, and release all other related information.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation!
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request.
It is now being processed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and you will receive a response on or before 21 December 2018.
In the meantime, should you wish to discuss your request, please quote reference FOI 2150.
Information Governance Officer / Information Quality Officer (Interim)
Rotherham, Doncaster, and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust
Woodfield House | Tickhill Road Site | Balby | Doncaster | DN4 8QN
Further to your Freedom of Information request, please find attached the Trust’s response.
FOI Support Officer
Rotherham Doncaster & South Humber NHS Foundation Trust
Tickhill Road Site
Tel 01302 796756
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now