Dear Metropolitan Police Service (MPS),
Please can you provide the answers and statistics for the following questions in relation to Data Subject Access Requests made to the organisation for each calendar year between the 1st January 2018 to 25th August 2020 inclusive
1. How many Data Subject Access Request have been made to the force broken down by;
a. Requests made by the Data Subject themselves
b. Request made by a third-party on behalf of the Data Subject
2. How many requests were rejected and the broad reasons for those rejections
3. How many requests were responded to in full or in part, and for each of these;
o Whether the response was within one, two, three or longer calendar months after the valid request was received;
and where responded to outside of one calendar month;
• Whether the requestor was notified within the first calendar month of the delay to the response
• The broad categories for the delay in responding within the first calendar month
4. How many requests excluded the provision of personal data held which was later used or otherwise disclosed to the Data Subject (or a representative) for another reason, for example in evidence.
In addition to the above, please could you provide details of;
• The Name, Job Title, and Rank and Badge Number (if applicable) of the individual holding the role of Data Protection Officer for the organisation;
• If that individual has any other duties, what (in general) those duties are.
• What “professional qualities and, in particular, expert knowledge of data protection law and practices” (if any) are held by that individual in accordance with Article 35(5) of the GDPR
• If DPO the role holder is a Shared Resource, which other organisations are served by that DPO.
• How many people you have working within your Data Protection Compliance team.
Please see the attached in respect of your recent information request.
Data Office Triage Team
Information Rights Unit
Metropolitan Police Service
PO Box 313, Sidcup, DA15 0HH
Information Rights Unit
PO Box 313
Email: [the Met request email]
Our ref: 01/FOI/20/016074
Dear Mr Kilby
Freedom of Information Request Reference No: 01/FOI/20/016074
Please see the attached in respect of your Freedom of Information request
1. mailto:[the Met request email]
Dear Ms Duncan,
Thank you for your detailed response. It is refreshingly nice to see published stats on your website, if only more forces followed in your footsteps.
The information provide is sufficient for me to complete my research and thank you for taking the time to respond.
If you do not mind, I would like to credit your force in my research for your transparency on this subject in light of your dashboard.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now